People who are frugal and want to shape their lives with their investments or who want to earn additional income in addition to their own business want to keep their investment options rich. Because it will not be enough after a point to save money by investing your principal money in credit cards in any bank. Depending on the complexity of the investment mode, time and effort are expanded.
On the other hand, investing in real estate involves a longer period than other types of investments, and which type of real estate should be invested in should be carefully examined and selected according to the size of the investment. There are five main types of real estate investments, one of which is commercial real estate. An investment in commercial real estate often requires a large investment amount that any retail investor can afford. The most common ways to invest in commercial real estate (CRE) are real estate investment trusts (REITs) or partial ownership. This investment mode reduces the ticket size, reducing the CRE entry burden for retail investors. Investing in commercial real estate can be done in an individual capacity, but it can be difficult to make a high investment for a single investor to invest the necessary amount in a commercial real estate business.
Why Should You Invest In Commercial Real Estate?
Whether commercial or normal, any property can be a good investment opportunity. Since the size of your investment will depend on your capital, it will be more appropriate for those who will invest in high amounts to consider commercial properties that will earn more. Commercial properties often offer more financial rewards than residential properties, such as rental apartments, but of course, also come with some risks. Earning potential is the best reason to invest in commercial real estate rather than residential rentals. Commercial properties typically have an annual return of 6% to 12% from the purchase price, depending on the region, the current economy, and external factors (such as the pandemic).
Plus, evaluating the prices of commercial properties is often easier than residential ones because you can request the current owner’s income statement and determine what the price should be based on that. If the seller is using a knowledgeable broker, the price charged should be set at a price at which an investor can earn the applicable cap rate for the region for the type of commercial property they are looking at, such as retail or office. There are differences in triple net leases with this type of real estate, but the basic concept is that you don’t have to pay for the property as the owner. The tenant directly bears all property expenses, including property taxes.
Retail store or larger space tenants have a vested interest in maintaining their storefronts because it will affect their business if they don’t. As a result, commercial tenants and landlord interests are aligned, which helps the landlord maintain and improve the quality of the property and, ultimately, the value of their investment.
How Do You Know If a Commercial Property Is a Good Investment?
Commercial real estate value does not depreciate like other investments, such as stock market investments, and the value of commercial real estate in commercial real estate markets is on the rise in the face of increasing inflation. Commercial property often offers a better rate of return than residential property investments. There are several different methods of investigation you can do to see if this investment will yield a good return in the future. Especially comparing similar property investments with the same properties or location is a place to start with this method. This information will provide a baseline for apples-to-apples data that can help you determine which is a better opportunity. This is kind of a metric that helps you determine where the better commercial rental property is. Before making this business investment, you need to examine the net operating income, or NOI, that it could bring you at the time of purchase. It is the value remaining in the hands of the investor after operating expenses are recognized in income. It is to provide you with a more realistic investment by presenting the NOI of a property, the rent of the property, the cost of parking, and the entire income-expense balance before you. When the NOI of the property is calculated, if the data is high, it is said that the commercial property is a good investment opportunity.
Another calculation you need to do is the A CAP Ratio or the Capitalization Ratio. this data only applies to the first year of ownership and assesses an investor’s return if they pay for the construction right. After the property is purchased, the property value must be determined by an appraiser, as this metric is based on the sale price in a given year. The CAP ratio helps you provide an estimate of the return you will receive from your property.
What Is The Average Return On Commercial Property?
The average rate of return a commercial property will give you after the investment is calculated, including the rental income, and the ongoing maintenance costs to get it ready for tenants must take into account a variety of factors, including but not limited to. Oftentimes, people will have an inflated view of average rates of return because they don’t take into account the costs and maintenance costs of owning commercial property. First of all, we must say that due to the changing inflation and income-expenditure order, the average return rates can change from month to month and from year to year, even in high amounts. That’s why you want to evaluate the property more broadly, rather than putting too much stock in daily or monthly fluctuations.
Generally, a low-performing property will have a rate of return of close to 6%, while a high-performing property will achieve returns of 12% or better. If this rate is to be calculated for a new commercial building or a luxury place, the rate of return will reach 15%.
What Type Of Commercial Property Is Most Profitable?
No one starts investing in commercial real estate without doing research. Even the investor who has the necessary knowledge on this subject does a lot of research on commercial leases and triple net leases before making any decision, and it is important to know for sure that you can give your full commitment to your investment. But do we know exactly what determines the most profitable real estate investment?
The properties that can provide the highest return on investment typically have the most tenants. The more tenants you have on your property, the higher your income will be. Likewise, the higher the demand for the property, the less you will have to worry about finding new tenants on a short-term notice. Another feature of these properties is that they are located in high-traffic areas in the Retail world, attract a lot of tenants looking to renew their leases, and are more likely to attract new tenants if their tenants leave or close. Triple net properties are also ideal for those new to the commercial real estate market. This ensures that you get a stable return on your investment, rather than estimating your income based on estimated maintenance costs.
Which Type Of Real Estate Makes The Most Money?
One of the biggest advantages of real estate investment is undoubtedly the various investment opportunities it offers you. You can choose the real estate investments you will make in the real estate investment world according to your taste and needs. No matter how much you want to invest, the realty sector, which offers a suitable investment opportunity for you, will bring you profit in every period. To help all current and future real estate investors you own, let’s take a look at the most profitable types of real estate investments:
- Traditional rentals: One of the most profitable types of real estate investments is the first real estate investment strategy that every normal person can think of: long-term leases, also called conventional leases. By purchasing a house and becoming a tenant in the long run, you can earn many times over the value of the house. Whereas you can buy and sell houses by paying attention to inflation to have higher amounts.
- Airbnb rentals: Short-term rentals are another of the most profitable real estate investments. Although Airbnb is a relatively new concept in the real estate investment business, an Airbnb income property has enormous monetization potential for the real estate investor and homeowner. Thanks to these few-day rentals, you can collect a large amount of income from your home.
- Fix-and-flips: Pin and spin is another best option among the most profitable real estate investments. This real estate investment strategy is the favorite form of investment for real estate investors looking for quick money-making opportunities. however, since this investment includes renovating the house and bringing the building to the real estate market, an investor must have expert-level real estate knowledge. You should also find the property with high potential and go for the easiest and least expensive fixes to implement that will deliver the highest value increase. This requires both real estate knowledge and creativity. So this might be one of the most challenging ways to get credit for real estate.
- Commercial real estate investing: The last option, which is among the most profitable types of real estate investments, is commercial real estate investment. This type of real estate can provide owners with a high return on investment. Because your tenant will be a business rather than a host, you can usually earn much better rental income from rental property than from residential property rentals. Also, as a landlord with a business, you are less likely to have problems with your tenant because a business will strive to keep your investment property in good condition to attract and retain its customers. In addition, companies rarely pay the rent regularly, as they want to maintain their position.
What Commercial Property Type Has the Most Risk?
Every investment made involves a significant amount of risk in itself. If we know that you have certain risks in commercial real estate, let’s take a look at some of the risks that can be experienced. The most common risk in commercial investments is financing risk. Every party involved in a Real Estate transaction faces some financial risks. For example, people take out a loan to buy a property, and therefore, lenders and institutions run the risk of borrowers not making their monthly payments on time. This can cause a delay in the necessary payment. However, it can be solved by renting your place to trustable companies or big cooperations. If you have bought the best property in the perfect location, you will need the right management team to manage it. This ensures that property decision-making is smooth and smart, interactions and relationships with tenants are well managed, and all other actions are done correctly. Poor management alone can lower the price of the property, even if other factors are excellent.
Where is The Best Place to Buy Commercial Property?
Nowadays, everyone is turning to invest to get more profit from their savings. The majority of investors prefer real estate investment to double or even double their investments. Certain features should be considered when choosing a country for investment. These include the annual rate of development of the country, the average housing prices, the tourism sector, public safety, applicable laws, economic stability, and finally the weather. The best countries to invest in real estate are listed below:
- Republic of Turkey: The Republic of Turkey has become a center for investing in land and housing in the last 10 years. The Republic of Turkey, which has managed to attract the attention of the whole world with its central location and vibrant economy that continues to develop every year, is one of the countries to invest in thanks to its rising real estate sector. The laws of the Republic of Turkey, which also provide convenience for investors who are not Turkish citizens, have made real estate investment in the country even more attractive. Turkey is a country that draws attention with its developed transportation networks, such that large-scale highway, airport, subway, and bridge works carried out throughout the country have made a worldwide impact.
- Canada: On the way to becoming one of the strongest economies in the world, Canada also manages to attract investors with its beautiful and advantageous living standards. Canada, which is the second largest country in the world with its country area covering a large part of the North American continent, is preferred by foreign investors because of its low population. Canada, which is an exemplary country with its tolerant behavior towards foreigners, is a country that the whole world recognizes as peaceful.
- Thailand: Thailand, one of the most visited countries in the world, has recently been gold for foreign investors. Developing not only in tourism but also in real estate, Thailand’s developing economy competes with the giants of Asia. In the country, which is a very safe investment environment due to the state laws that are very strict in the real estate purchases of foreigners in the country, the most preferred type of real estate is condos, or apartments.
- Portugal: Portugal, which has a strong hand in tourism with its beautiful beaches and tourist spots, is getting higher every year. Portugal, the famous port country overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, is located at the farthest point of the Iberian Peninsula. For this reason, it has taken its place in history as an outward-looking, explorer country. This impressive country, which was an economic giant at the time when the new continents of the world were discovered, is still known as Europe’s port to the world in terms of exports and imports.
- Costa Rica: Costa Rica, the pearl of Central America, means rich coast. Costa Rica, which has been an economically strong and stable country since its first establishment, attracts foreign investors with its tolerant people, strong relations with its neighbors, and a very suitable environment for investment. It is noteworthy that there are many options for investment in the country, which is developed in terms of exports and domestic production, apart from real estate.
Where is The Best Place to Buy Commercial Property in Turkey?
The first question that comes to mind when investing in real estate is “Where?” is the question. The different aspects of each of these cities stand out more at some points. However, it would not be correct to point out a city and say that it is the best place to buy investment property in Turkey. Each city has its privileges, lifestyle quality, and opportunities.
Here are the cities where you can buy property in Turkey:
- Istanbul: Today’s Istanbul is more than just a great historical city. Istanbul is a place where you can follow new career opportunities; a business center full of global companies and production centers; It is a multicultural city that is home to a large number of foreigners. These factors are just some of the details that make Istanbul one of the best places to invest. There is the opportunity to experience a quality lifestyle at European standards with low costs compared to European cities. Istanbul is a metropolis with the highest annual income rate among Turkey’s cities, allowing people to comfortably live a first-class lifestyle. Everything you are looking for in the city is in the palm of your hand. In parallel with the increase in the number of these projects with extensive social facilities, the competitive market creates a great advantage in terms of affordability. In this way, it is more possible to experience a privileged lifestyle in Istanbul at affordable prices.
- Antalya: The city stretches on the south coast of Turkey from Gazipasa in the east to Kas in the west and has a coastline of 640 kilometers. Thanks to its strategic location, the city benefits from the privileged air and geography of the magnificent Mediterranean and is filled with breathtaking natural wonders. The wonderful living conditions, climate, and nature of the city are the features that make the city interesting. In addition, the privileges and opportunities it offers make Antalya a lifetime destination. Antalya offers comfort, Luxury, and entertainment together.
- Bursa: It takes only 2 hours to reach the magnificent city of Istanbul from Bursa by sea. If you want to be close to Istanbul but want to experience a quiet lifestyle, Bursa is the perfect place for you. The city has everything you could want from a metropolitan settlement. Bursa is filled with easily accessible comprehensive daily and social facilities, and numerous entertainment and activity centers. This historical city has been an important trade center, especially in textile and industry since the Ottoman period.