Istanbul is the megacity of Turkey, which forms the economic, cultural, and historical heart of the country. The city is the main heart of trade and rich history and is located at the junction of the Asian and European continents. While business centers are mostly located in the European part of Eurasia, the majority of its population lives in the Asian part. Istanbul has a large area of 5,343 square kilometers. It is a transcontinental city located in the northwest of Turkey, between the Sea of Marmara and the Black Sea, on both sides of the Bosphorus Strait.
Since Istanbul has a large area on two different continents, this city contains many different districts. Also, let’s not forget that neighborhoods have very different lifestyles, property types, and natures. If you want to own a property in Istanbul, you can make your job easier by examining the neighborhoods that will meet your expectations and wishes before searching for a property.
The districts with the most popular houses and beautiful lives in Istanbul are listed below:
Esenyurt is a famous district of Istanbul metropolitan municipality. Esenyurt is located on the European side. The population of the district, which has a total area of 2,770 hectares, is 954,579. The reason why Esenyurt Istanbul attracts the attention of many famous real estate investors is that the population is predominantly young due to the presence of Istanbul Esenyurt University. For this reason, there is a high demand for 1+0, 1+1, and 1+2 apartments for young people, most of whom are students. This allows you to make a very valuable real estate investment. The advantages of Esenyurt are listed in the list below.
- Finding affordable flats and houses in Esenyurt Istanbul is one of the lowest-priced neighborhoods in Istanbul.
- Esenyurt Istanbul is a popular area teeming with foreigners of different nationalities.
- It has a large number of job opportunities due to its high population and the presence of many shops in it.
- It includes popular areas as well as luxury and modern residential complexes.
- It has a new metro line covering transportation and facilities moving in the area.
- TUYAP Fair and Conference Center is located in the district, which is only 5 km from the center of Esenyurt.
Bahcesehir is an area in the Basaksehir district of Istanbul. Basaksehir was opened for construction within the framework of TOKI, mass housing projects, which first enabled the state to buy properties suitable for citizens, and has grown in a planned manner in the last 15 years and has become Turkey’s most decent and beautiful district. In the Bahcesehir region, there are many luxury residential and commercial complex projects with the highest comfort and security and social and health facilities.
- The award-winning Bahçesehir project, one of the few satellite city projects in the world, includes Turkey’s first and largest artificial pond of 26.000 m².
- The complex is spread over 300,000 m² of restructuring area; It hosts various restaurants and private clubs, facilities such as bars, discos, tea gardens, and an equestrian sports club. The fact that the region is open to development also shows that it is a very valuable investment option in terms of real estate.
- Great schools.
- There are 12 square meters of green space per person in Bahcesehir, and an area of 40,000 square meters is used as a nursery to ensure the continuity of afforestation.
- It is a suitable place for the purchase of investment property, and it is developing gradually.
Avcilar is a district of Istanbul on the European side. Avcilar district, which is adjacent to Beylikduzu, Kucukcekmece, Basaksehir, and Esenyurt districts and where many transportation connections of the city pass, is one of the central regions of Istanbul. It is one of the most densely populated districts in Istanbul. Cihangir is located very close to the center of Avcilar; The university is adjacent to Ambarli and Mustafa Kemal Pasha districts. When the properties of the Avcilar district in terms of real estate are examined, the positive features are listed below.
- The transportation infrastructure of the district is developed. And it continues to evolve and diversify.
- Avcilar is a district where job opportunities are high.
- Social life in the district has developed.
- It is a district with high investment.
- The service sector is highly developed.
- Avcilar is adjacent to important districts of Istanbul.
- The education infrastructure in the district is strong.
- Living costs in the district are more affordable than in other districts of Istanbul.
- Avcilar is a district that earns a lot of investment.
When we look at the transportation of the Beylikduzu district, it is easy to reach schools, hospitals, business centers, entertainment venues, green areas, transportation networks, and higher education institutions. This is the region where the most real estate sales in Istanbul have been made recently. You can examine the advantages of living in Beylikduzu below:
- Being a new and luxurious settlement,
- Construction of buildings with an earthquake resistance policy,
- Being close to the Metrobus Line on the E-5 and having various public transportation options,
- Various services such as cleaning and porter service for a fee in residence-like properties,
- The surrounding green cover, the proximity between the lakes and the beaches, and the beautiful sea view
- Semi or fully furnished smart homes,
- Schools and universities providing quality education
Atasehir is a district located on the Anatolian side of Istanbul. It is a district located in the eastern half of Istanbul, in the western part of the Kocaeli Peninsula. Kadikoy surrounds it in the southwest, Uskudar in the west, Umraniye in the north, Sancaktepe in the east, and Maltepe in the southeast. The population of the district as of 2019 is 425,094. There are 17 neighborhoods in the community. You can examine the advantages of living in Atasehir below.
- Atasehir is a brand-new district established after 2009, so the district is planned by adopting the new environmentalism approach.
- It is a very clean neighborhood with plenty of greenery and is a very decent area preferred by married people and people with children.
- Many families with middle and upper middle economic status live in the region.
- Constantly hosts new housing projects.
- Earthquake-resistant houses.
Pendik is a decent and quiet area located on the Anatolian side of Istanbul with a very low crime rate. Although it is a bit far from the city center, it is a very colorful area with its beach and marina. There is also no transportation problem in the Pendik district. This district is surrounded by Tuzla in the southeast, Gebze district of Kocaeli in the east, Sile and Çekmekoy in the north, Kartal, Sancaktepe, and Sultanbeyli in the west, and the Marmara Sea in the south. Its history goes back to ancient times. You can examine the advantages of living in Pendik below.
- Good schools in the region
- Pretty decent neighborhood.
- Earthquake-resistant properties.
- Being close to the airport.
- Constantly starting new projects in the neighborhood.
- High real estate value.
Which Districts are Low Houses Selling In Istanbul?
Istanbul is the heart of Turkey so everyone wants to buy houses in Istanbul including ex-pats. Istanbul has two different continents. In addition, there are districts with unique beauties on these continents. Istanbul has huge areas and because of that people mostly settled in different districts of Istanbul. Also, they are settled down in different areas of Istanbul because their aims are different. Some people want to have a Bosphorus house, and some of them are trying to find the cheapest houses. Even though there are unique districts that are the most house selling, but also there are some districts that have low house sales in Istanbul. The districts are low houses selling are listed below:
- Beykoz: Beykoz is located on the Anatolian side and located on the seafront. We can see the historical districts, smell the clean sea air, the natural beauties of the district, and its structure away from the crowd and noise. We may come across buildings with more historical textures in Beykoz. Because Beykoz is one of the oldest settlements in Istanbul. However, Beykoz, which has these historical heritages, is also a developed district in terms of social facilities and transportation opportunities. Residents of this district can have a pleasant time in social facilities with sea views, promenade areas, cafes, and restaurants in their free time. In addition, since there are a lot of wooded areas in the district, those who want can take a walk outdoors.
- Beşiktaş: The district is located on the European side and is also a bosporus district. Besiktas is one of the central districts of Istanbul. So, health, transportation, and social facilities are highly developed in this district. Besiktas is also a popular destination for domestic and foreign tourists. People in the Besiktas district, whether they want to walk in nature in parks and gardens like Maçka, or visit historical buildings, for example, Dolmabahce palace.
- Sarıyer: Sariyer district is located on the European side of Istanbul. Sariyer is also the district with the cleanest air in Istanbul at most times according to the data. Sariyer is one of the districts that has developed in terms of tourism as well as natural, historical, and cultural values.
- Kadıköy: Kadıköy district is located on the Anatolian side. The longest beaches in Istanbul are located in Kadıköy. In addition, there is an active lifestyle here with social events, concerts, and live music. People can have a fun life here if they want, or they can take a walk on the beaches and relax. So, transportation in Kadıköy is also quite developed.
- Şişli: Şişli is a district located on the European side of Istanbul. Şişli is a more luxurious and crowded district compared to other districts. This place can be considered the center of fashion and trade. In addition, there are luxury hotels and restaurants, luxury shops, and luxury shopping malls in Şişli. In addition to these, Şişli has developed to a level that can be considered the business and financial center of the Turkish economy.
- Üsküdar: Üsküdar is a district located on the Anatolian side of Istanbul. This district is located on the shore of the Bosphorus. In addition, the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of Üsküdar is the Maiden’s Tower. There are many places to visit and activities to do in Üsküdar. Üsküdar is a district with a very developed level in the fields of education, culture, health, and economy.